Friday, December 31, 2010

Fingers on the Keyboard....: The Blind Justice


I remember seeing the symbol of Justice in the Philippines; it's a blind-folded woman holding a spear and a scale. Justice, should it be blind or not?

For me, I think it depends, blind, in the sense that it doesn't look thru social status, whether Rich or poor, everyone deserves fair judgment. No one should be made responsible for a crime he never committed.

Money and Power shouldn’t over rule fair judgment; No one should bribe to get away from the claws of justice.

Tracking our country’s Justice History, from our ancestors, who experienced a lot of injustice. It is said that not all people who are in prisoned are not all “guilty” some were accused of criminal acts which they didn’t do.

Recently, The Maguindanao Massacre, which caught a lot of criticism from local and foreign Personalities, hit the Philippines like a big bullet in the head. People responsible for this were not just ordinary people but powerful Politicians and allies of former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo. The criminals were arrested and detained, a lot of people grieving for this inhumane incident, shouting justice for the lives of many taken away by people greedy for power, including the families of Journalists who were doing their job to broadcast News. It has been a year since that tragic event happened. We do hope that whoever is responsible for the Maguindanao Massacre should be convicted.

Another example is the Morong 43, some Health Workers, who were arrested because they were suspected members of NPA (New People’s Army) people who fight against our government. And since there are no proofs that they’re NPA I believe that they should be freed. And one of the good news for their family is that the Morong43 will be freed Starting today as requested by the court.

I do hope that Justice will always prevail on our country, a just and humane justice for our society.


Haha... This is my blog entry wherein I used my very first Netbook. I'm just happy because for a year of working I have this as a reward. I want to thank the LORD for Blessings and also my Mom and Dad for being always supportive. Hopefully I'll be able to use this wisely. 12/17/2010 3:13 PM 7:00 P

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patrick
    love this image of blind justice
    i want to use it on a blog too
    do you own the rights or know who does?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian sorry for the super late reponse, here's the link where I've found the image
    Clipart by pauloribau - http://clipartof.com/61092

    Credits for the image is given to Paulo Ribau :)
    - Pat

    ReplyDelete